I went through so many sites to know if there are human beings in this world who don’t like music and I was shocked when I saw people saying that one of my friend, my grand ma, my dad etc. etc. don’t like music. I can’t believe that there are people who can live without music. Well I am happy that I am not one of them and there are very few people who don’t like music (still unbelievable). Anyways I love music and also I love exploring it.
When it comes to history of music, this is the most interesting subject for me. Don’t know whether everyone knows about it or not that In March 2008 a recording by Frenchman Edouard-Leon Scott de Martinville of a woman singing ‘Au Clair De La Lune’ was discovered in an archive in Paris by a group of American audio historians. The recording dates back to April 9, 1860 making it the world’s first known recorded song.
In 1877, with the creation of his phonograph complete, Thomas Edison tested it. The first song ever recorded was his rendition of ‘Mary Had a Little Lamb’. Well this is also shocking that the first singer of a recorded song was Thomas Alva Edison who actually was a scientist.
These are some more interesting things about music:-
1. 40 billion songs are downloaded illegally every year, that’s some 90% of all music downloads.
2. The music industry generates about $4 billion in online music but loose about $40 billion to illegal downloads.
3. The longest song to reach number one on the Billboard charts on LP was “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)” by Meatloaf, the shortest: “Stay” by Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs.
4. The harmonica is the world’s best-selling music instrument.
5. Make music not war: Monaco’s national orchestra is bigger that its army.